Millennium Hotels and Resorts MEA, one of the fastest-growing hotel management companies in the region, partners with Ecolab to deliver the highest level of hygiene and cleanliness to its guests across all its properties in the region. With strict measures and world-class health & safety standards already in place, Millennium Hotels & Resorts goes beyond conventional cleanliness and precautionary measures by providing comprehensive training programs and having every staff member certified as a COVID-19 Champion.
Through this collaboration, Millennium Hotels and Resorts MEA is maintaining high levels of cleanliness and hygiene. To further enhance health and safety protocols, Millennium Hotels and Resorts MEA has introduced the following 10 Key Hallmarks, which will be implemented in the jurisdictions in which Millennium Hotels and Resorts MEA operates to the extent applicable based on local health authority guidelines.
- Higher standards of cleanliness and hygiene – To obtain local authority hygiene accreditations (e.g. SG Clean Quality Mark Certification) where relevant.
- Appropriate checks on arrival for guests and employees – For example, temperature checks for all guests and/or collection of guest health declaration forms in certain jurisdictions.
- Disinfection kits easily available to guests and employees – Sanitisers, masks and anti-bacterial wipes available at guest contact areas (e.g. lobby, restaurants, meeting rooms).
- Frequent and regular sanitisation of high-contact points – High-contact points will be sanitised on a regular basis depending on frequency of use (e.g. elevator buttons, door handles, etc).
- Use of technology to enhance guest experience and safety – Deploy contactless technology where possible to minimise physical contact (e.g. E-payment, QR code ordering system, contactless check-in/check-out).
- Ensure higher cleanliness and hygiene standards during guest stay – Mandatory use of disinfectants for sanitisation of contact points (e.g. bedding, room furniture, TV remote).
- Enforce safe distancing measures as precaution – Recommended minimum of one-metre distance for interactions between guests and/or employees.
- Higher food safety standards – Enhanced food safety protocols, deep cleaning and meals served individually.
- Appropriate health and safety gear – Regular use of Personal Protective Equipment, when appropriate, to ensure the health and safety of guests and employees.
- Hygiene ambassadors to ensure measures are implemented – A hygiene ambassador in each hotel will ensure that employees are trained with the latest processes and procedures to enhance guest safety and comfort.
Kevork Deldelian, Chief Executive Officer at Millennium Hotels and Resorts MEA, stated, “Our commitment towards a comfortable and safe experience for our guests is an ongoing process and not a one-time measure. We will continue to seek partnerships with innovative solutions providers to elevate our services and be proactive in adapting modern, smart, science-backed and effective solutions. For that end, we capitalize on the stewardship and expertise of our employees supported by the tools and expertise of Ecolab.”
“We are proud to partner with Millennium Hotels & Resorts and contribute to the journey of ensuring a COVID-19 free environment across all their properties. Through this partnership, Ecolab will play a vital role in driving the latest hygiene expertise, programs, training and support to help ensure clean and safe environments, across all the proprieties in the region to ensure a positive guest experience,” stated Hulya Ibrahim, Vice President and General Manager of Institutional for Ecolab in MEA.
To learn more about MHR’s “We Clean. We Care. We Welcome.” commitments, visit https://www.millenniumhotels.com/en/offers/global/wecleancarewelcome/.
Driven by an ambitious expansion strategy, the company has not just positioned itself as an industry leader in the Middle East but also demonstrated a role model for the private sector in supporting local communities and humanitarian causes. As part of the recently launched ‘We Clean. We Care. We Welcome.’ initiative, the leading hotels’ chain is hosting thousands of healthcare professionals in the frontline of combating the globally spreading pandemic of COVID-19.