Specialized in the formulation and manufacture of complex nutritional products, Laïta Nutrition – the nutrition division of the dairy cooperative Laïta – is asserting its know-how on the clinical nutrition market.
The company is launching a new product in this very demanding segment: a nutritional solution in powder form based on dairy proteins, which effectively meets the needs of patients suffering from or at risk of malnutrition (FSMPs).
To provide both flavor and eating pleasure to patients, Laïta Nutrition has opted for a solution with a neutral taste. An ideal choice, meaning the solution can be incorporated into all types of preparations, savory and sweet, and capable of adapting to everyone’s preferences.
Moreover, so that no patients are excluded: Laïta Nutrition has also chosen to develop a lactose-free version.
Thanks to its broad range of expertise covering all stages of product development, the company offers a personalized support service, from formulation to packaging.
Laïta Nutrition is the trusted partner for all those who wish to respond effectively to the societal problem of undernutrition.
An appetizing solution combining pleasure and nutrition
Numerous pathologies hinder patient autonomy and are associated with swallowing disorders, often leading to a long-term deterioration of nutritional status. To tackle these problems, Laïta Nutrition offers a turnkey product, DADFMS, which provides the energy and nutrients that patients need.
- Ingredients recognized for their effectiveness: based on dairy proteins easily absorbed by the body and omega 3 & 6 fatty acids good for the heart, this product has been designed for consumption as a supplement to a normal diet or as part of an enriched diet.
- An adapted nutritional composition: with 4.8g of protein, 4g of fat and 18.6g of carbohydrates per 100g, this ONS (oral nutritional supplements) is a rich source of protein, and provides fat and carbohydrates in large quantities. It also provides the patient with the 28 micronutrients they need in cases of malnutrition: vitamin D and calcium for bone strength, vitamin B for energy metabolism, vitamin A to reduce fatigue, vitamins C and E to protect the body against oxidation.
- Practical and safe packaging: the product is packaged ready-to-use for practicality of use, as well as ease of storage and conservation. Indeed, it is not necessary to store it in cool place thanks to its long shelf life.
- Behind the formulation of this product, significant development work on the taste & texture has been carried out to ensure a combination of both eating pleasure and nutrition. It has a neutral taste, also comes in a vanilla variety and has a homogeneous and fluid texture. Our product can be easily integrated into an enriched diet or as an oral nutritional supplement.
Customers are free to choose in which countries our product is used and/or consumed. It is therefore their responsibility to make sure its composition, labeling and use comply with the regulations of the country in which the product is to be used/consumed.
And tomorrow? Laïta Nutrition plans to enlarge its range of clinical products with specific formulas adapted to the rebalancing of fragile nutritional states.
The know-how of Laïta Nutrition
1. Complex nutritional formulas
Our ability to develop nutritionally complex and efficient NOCs is reflected first and foremost in our expertise in complex nutritional formulation. At Laïta Nutrition, we have created a unique and customized development methodology, managed by a reinforced R&D team. Since our creation in 2009, we have also developed expertise in powder and liquid formats, which enables us to formulate NOCs in different formats according to your needs.
At its production facility In Ploudaniel, Laïta Nutrition specializes in the manufacture of ready-to-eat liquid products. Each product is sterilized and then packaged aseptically, guaranteeing a safe, long-lasting product.
2. Strong technological expertise
Our strong technological expertise thus allows us to produce accurate mock-ups and product prototypes, as well as to ensure constant and demanding follow-up throughout the development phases.
Laïta Nutrition’s Ancenis site has an MSD drying tower and produces milk powders for the nutrition market.
3. Mastering specific processes, traceability and food safety
Finally, our very specific process control allows us to develop high quality NOCs that comply with international food safety standards. The FSSC 22000 and ISO 9001 certifications obtained by our factories guarantee the traceability and food safety of the NOCs manufactured.
The industrial facility in Créhen consists of a drying tower and a packaging workshop. This high-tech facility meets the highest international food safety standards: hygienic design, cleanability, foreign body risk management, etc.
All this expertise is combined in the development of our own NOC. Laïta Nutrition is therefore fully equipped and able to provide valuable and personalized assistance in your NOC development project.