The Italian fruit and vegetable cooperative is showcasing why it is not just fashion, football and fast cars the Italians are famous for, with the launch of a range of tasty and nutritious recipes using the finest ingredients from Italy
CSO Italy, the Italian fruit and vegetable cooperative, is targeting Dubai consumers with a range of bright, flavourful, nutritious and healthy vinaigrettes, sauces and condiments using the finest quality produce from Italy.
As a result of the unique climate and environmental conditions, Italy is one of the leading producers of fruit and vegetables globally with millions of tonnes of tomatoes, blood oranges, lemon puree, and Epli Italian apples produced every year. Thanks to their high nutritional values, the ingredients provide the perfect base for creating a tasty accompaniment to everyday dishes, as well as a boost of energy and vitamins.
Whetting the appetite of Dubai residents, CSO Italy has revealed four recipes to highlight the exceptional flavours of Italy’s most sought-after produce, all of which are readily available online.
Tomato Balsamic Vinaigrette
Tomatoes have so many different uses in Italian cuisine, so it is no wonder this tomato balsamic vinaigrette is incredibly versatile. Bursting with flavor and pleasant acidity, this dressing is great drizzled over just about anything, from leafy greens to cold pasta salads.
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree Cirio
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp finely chopped oregano
- 1 tsp finely chopped basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Freshly-Squeezed Blood Orange Vinaigrette
Tangy and bright, this blood orange vinaigrette is perfect for summer, adding the perfect pop of color and vibrant, fruity flavor to any salad. Made with the juice from antioxidant and vitamin-rich Italian blood oranges, this dressing provides a boost of nutrients, as well as taste and color.
- ½ cup blood orange juice Oranfrizer
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
Italian Lemon Curd
When life gives you lemons… Make Lemon Curd!
Lemons have been used for years in Italian cuisine, from dinner to dessert. They are extremely simple, yet popular and widely use in the Italian cuisine, just like we would use salt and pepper. Indeed, they are grown all year long which make them easily available, although the peak harvest happens in winter. Lemons are especially widely used in dessert to offer intense flavor with little bitterness.
Ingredients & instructions:
- 160g of Scilian Lemon puree Mazzoni
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp of flour
- 3 tbsp + 2tsp of butter (50g)
- Heat the Scilian Lemon Puree Mazzoni in a sauce pan on medium heat.
- Whisk all the eggs and sugar together in a separate bowl
- Add the eggs & sugar in the sauce pan and stir constantly. Add-in the flour and stir again until the mixture thickens, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn off of the heat, remove the sauce pan from the heat.
- Add in the butter and stir until smooth, then pour into jars.
Homemade Apple Sauce
Apple Sauce is a sauce made of apples and is widely used in cooking. It’s delicious either chilled, hot, on its own, in savory dishes or even in baking. However, it’s usually store-bought ready made. Today, we’re showing you how easy it is to make a healthy apple sauce filled with nutriments and vitamins. You will only require a few basic, yet qualitative ingredients. Did you know it can even be used as an egg replacement in baking recipe? It is vegan friendly!
Ingredients & instructions :
- 3 pounds of Epli Italian Apples
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1 table spoon cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp sugar (adjust to your liking)
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tsp of freshly squeezed Italian lemon juice
- Peel, core and cut the apples in large squares.
- In a large saucepan, add the apples, sugar, water and cinnamon and bring it to a boil. Then reduce the heat and cover. Stir occasionally. After 30 to 35 minutes, the apples should be tender. It the apple sauce starts sticking to the bottom of the pan you can add a couple of tablespoons water.
- Once it is smooth and looking like a sauce, remove from the pan and pour into jars.
You can find CSO Italy’s delicious apple, tomato puree, blood orange juice, lemon puree ready to use in your homemade recipes online through specialty grocers and on Amazon.