Hiperbaric HPP In-Bulk technology is the future for beverage industry because it applies high hydrostatic pressure before bottling, providing the HPP benefits:
- Guaranteed Food Safety. HPP destroys pathogens and spoilage microorganisms, meeting the requirements imposed by food safety authorities.
- Minimal Processing. The nutritional and organoleptic characteristics of food products are kept intact since HPP does not break covalent bonds.
- Shelf Life Extension. Depending on the product, it is possible to extend the shelf life up to 3x to 30x, while still ensuring a high-quality product.
But especially, Hiperbaric HPP In-Bulk technology provides two unique advantages that HPP In-pack cannot give:
- It allows the use of any type of packaging (bottles, bags, pouches, tubs, trays, vacuum/skin packaging, modified atmosphere packaging) after the process, regardless of the material, design or size.
- It reduces steps, simplifies the process and shows the highest productivity in the world, along with the lowest processing cost and minimum energy consumption. The design of these units allows to obtain a filling efficiency of 90% of the total volume, roughly the double than the in-pack technology.
At present, the Hiperbaric HPP In-Bulk technology has become a reality for Juste Pressé. It has helped this French Company to keep fresh food characteristics such as taste and nutrients, while providing food safety and extending shelf life. “There is no other technology that allows to keep fresh-like juice properties: real taste, vitamins and antioxidants for several weeks”, said Alexia Chassagne (President) and Sophie Legros (CEO), founders of Juste Pressé.
The Hiperbaric 525 Bulk system owned by Hermes Boissons (an independent co-packer for retailers and A-brands in Europe), has allowed Juste Pressé to commercialize the first ever HPP juice in a carton container, the most sustainable packaging option. With a composition of 80% carton and 17% bioplastic by forest waste from Norway, its Pure-Pak®Classic 900ml provided by ELOPAK, results in a significant carbon footprint reduction compared to PET bottles.
The partnership Juste Pressé – Hiperbaric – Hermes Boissons has allowed to create a ground-breaking juice and has proved that Hiperbaric HPP In-Bulk technology is the best solution for beverage manufacturers, such as Juste Pressé, wanting to satisfy current consumers demand.
For more information, visit https://www.hiperbaric.com/en/